Skip to main content

Protect Your Happy Place

Home is where the heart is. Let our insurance products protect it.

What is home insurance?

Home insurance is a type of insurance that provides protection for your home and belongings in case of unexpected events, such as fire, theft, or natural disasters. It typically covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home, as well as replacing personal possessions that have been damaged or stolen. It includes liability coverage for injuries or property damage that occur on your property. Having home insurance can give you peace of mind and help protect your home and your finances in the event of an unexpected event.

  • Home insurance is a category of insurance products and includes tenants insurance (if you rent), condo insurance (if you live in a condo that you own)
  • Home insurance protects your home from unexpected events
  • Home insurance provides peace of mind

Who needs home insurance?

If you own or rent a place to call home, you need home insurance. It’s like having a superhero on speed dial to protect your home and everything in it. With home insurance, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’re covered for unexpected events like fire, theft, and natural disasters.

  • Essential for anyone who owns or rents a home
  • Products include tenants, condo, and home insurance
  • Is usually a requirement from landlords and mortgage companies

What are the most common forms of home insurance?

There are 3 primary forms of home insurance including home, tenants, and condo. Each type of insurance can be tailored to fit your specific needs and budget, and may include additional coverage options such as flood/sewer backup insurance or identity theft protection. It's important to review your policy regularly and make sure you have the right coverage to protect your home and your finances.

Home Owners Insurance

This type of insurance covers damage to your home and personal property, as well as liability for injuries and property damage caused by you or your family members.

Did you know?

Almost all home insurance policies include liability coverage for incidents that happen outside of your home, such as a dog bite or accidental damage to someone’s property. This means that even if you’re away from home, your home insurance policy can still protect you from financial liability.

Condo Insurance

This type of insurance covers the interior of a condo unit, personal belongings, and liability for injuries and property damage that occur within the unit.

Did you know?

Some insurance companies provide coverage if there is a special assessment by the condo corporation and their bylaws allow you to be assessed a portion of the condo’s deductible. This coverage applies to your own unit and can be extended to common areas.

Tenants Insurance

This type of insurance covers the personal property of renters, as well as liability for injuries and property damage that occur within the rental unit.

Did you know?

Tenant’s insurance is often more affordable than people think. The average cost of renters insurance in Canada is around $15-$30 per month, which is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and financial protection that it provides.

Other common forms of property insurance

Landlord Insurance

Picture this: you’re a landlord with a cozy little property that you’re renting out. But what happens when the unexpected strikes? That’s where landlord insurance comes in. It provides coverage for your rented property, protecting you from damages, liabilities, and even loss of rental income. So, whether you’re renting out a single room or an entire building, landlord insurance is the match you need to keep your investment safe and secure.

Cottages and Seasonal Home Insurance

Got a cozy little cottage by the lake? Make sure it’s protected. Whether you’re enjoying the summer breeze or hunkering down for the winter, we’ve got you covered. From fire to flood and everything in between, our policies will keep your cottage safe and sound. Don’t let unexpected mishaps ruin your happy place – get matched with the coverage you need today.

High Risk Home Insurance

If you’ve got a high-risk home, we’ve got your back. Whether it’s an older home, you’ve had a few claims, or you have alternative financing we’ve got the coverage you need to get matched with a great policy to keep your home safe and secure.

Don’t see what you need?

We have an extensive network of insurance providers, and we love nothing more than matching our clients with the perfect policy for their needs. If you can't find what you're looking for on our site, don't worry - we'll scour the market to find you a policy that's just right. Consider us your insurance cupid, bringing you and your perfect policy together.

Join our community

Stay up to date on all things coverboo!

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.

We love insurance, so you don't have to.

©  2024. coverboo Insurance Brokers Inc.